- Information We Collect & How We Use It
Onuview.com requests and collects personal information from our customers at various site locations and instances, including, but not limited to, when you create a Onuview.com membership, communicate with us via social media, write a product review, participate in events, contests, or promotions, contact our customer care team, or post other customer-generated content to this Site. These are currently the primary ways in which we gather information, however, we may also collect data through other channels in the future.
The types of personal information we may collect from you can vary according to the method through which it was attained. It may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Information You Provide to Us
- We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us, such as:
- Full name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Shipping address
- Username and password for your Onuview.com membership
- A record of preferences
- Information provided by you through your interactions with us in social media
- Location and geographic information that could be collected if you use our mobile site or app.
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
- Information Collected Automatically
- Similar to other sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve to improve marketing, analytics, and site functionality.
Onuview does not currently actively respond to “Do Not Track” browser signals or mechanisms.
- Tracking Technologies
- Local Storage Objects (HTML5)
- We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML 5 to collect and store information.
Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs.
- Behavioral Targeting / Re-Targeting
- We may partner with a third party to either display advertising on our Web site or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests.
- Email & Other Communications
- We may contact you via email. We may also send you newsletters and additional email messages about our products, services, contests, and promotions that we feel may be of interest to you. If you no longer wish to receive these and other promotional communications from us, you may select the unsubscribe link.
- How We Use Your Information
- All of the personal information we collect from our customers is for the purpose of the reasoning described above, as well as:
- processing, verifying, validating, and completing your transaction
- creating, managing, and maintaining your membership to this Site
- providing requested live customer support and services
- record keeping of your use history
- enabling communication via our Site, blog, and social networks
- managing your participation in contests and promotions
- sending email as appropriate
- Under 13?
- Onuview.com is intended for users who are 13 years of age and older. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to submit any personal information to Onuview.com. We will promptly delete any personal information from a person under the age of 13 should we discover that we have collected such information from a person under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent. If you believe we may have collected information from a person under the age of 13, please promptly contact support@Onuview.com so we can correct.
- Information Sharing
- Legal Disclosure
- We reserve the right to disclose personal information to our service providers, the government, law enforcement agencies, or other third parties under certain circumstances where a formal request has been made (such as in responding to a court order, subpoena, or judicial proceeding) when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request, as Onuview.com, in our sole and absolute discretion, deems necessary and appropriate. Moreover, in the event of a sale, merger, or transfer of some or all of Onuview.com’s assets, or dissolution or bankruptcy, your personal information may be transferred to an unaffiliated third party as part of or apart from other transferred assets or assets. Any transfer will then be governed by and be the responsibility of any purchaser of or successor to the transferred assets or assets. We shall notify you by a notice on the home page of any change in the information practices governing your personal information as a result of any transfer of assets or any asset change in ownership, and your choices in how your information is used.
- Links to Third Party Websites
- This Site contains links to other websites. Onuview.com takes no responsibility for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of each website you visit prior to disclosing your personal information.
- User-Generated Content & Information Disclosure
- Any personal information or image content you voluntarily disclose online in a manner that other users can view (including, but not limited to: product reviews, comments on social media pages, in connection with contests and promotions, and on the Onuview blog) becomes publicly available, and can be read, collected, and used by other members of this forum to send you unsolicited messages. Your membership name, email, or other information may also be displayed when you post comments or upload images throughout the Site. Onuview.com is not responsible for the personal information users select to disclose in these forums. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at support@Onuview.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- Social Media Features and Widgets
- Accessing Your Personal Information & Preferences
You can access, update, or change your personal information and communication preferences by signing into your Onuview membership page and modifying your preferences at your discretion. If you wish to cancel your account, or request that we no longer use your information to provide services to you, contact us at support@Onuview.com.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at support@Onuview.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
You can choose not to provide us with any or all of the information we specify or request, but then you may not be able to create a membership with us or to take advantage of some or all of our features.
- Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2012 will receive information regarding 2011 sharing activities).
To obtain this information from Onuview please send an email message to support@Onuview.com with “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your email address in response. Not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements, and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
Last updated May 15, 2018
The Onuview Team